FIRE PROTECTION AND PREVENTION
Our Fire Team is made up of Level II Safety Codes Officers with extensive experience in the fire field. We offer a wide range of services to Alberta First Nation communities along with accredited and non-accredited fire training.
- Training for accredited courses, including but not limited to: NFPA 1001 Firefighter qualification, 1051 Wildland and more
- Training for non-accredited courses, including but not limited to: Fire Extinguisher, Fire Fundamentals, Pump Fundamentals and more
- Evaluations and advice provided for fire department equipment as each Nation has different needs to be met.
- Assistance on acquiring a fire truck specific to meet community needs.
- Mutual Aid agreements – advice on how to build with surrounding departments.
- Conducting National Building Codes inspections and fire safety investigations – B1 C1 & B2 C2.
- Education, testing and certification on Fire Alarms and Sprinkler Systems for Canadian Fire Alarm Association standards.
Training and Workshops
SUPPORTING STRONG COMMUNITIES
- We deliver safety presentations and curriculum training.
- We conduct fire and life safety code building inspections.
- We provide fire origin and cause investigation assistance.
- We perform fire department and fire flow assessments.
- We support fire department strategic planning.
- We coordinate firefighter training and education.
- Annual Fire Fighter’s Conference.
FIRE PROGRAM TEAM
CONTACT FIRE PROGRAM
email@example.com or 780.483.8601