Fire Protection and Prevention
Our Fire Team is made up of Level II Safety Codes Officers with extensive experience in the fire field. We offer a wide range of services to Alberta First Nation communities along with accredited and non-accredited fire training.
- Training for accredited courses, including but not limited to: NFPA 1001 Firefighter qualification, 1051 Wildland, 1041 Instructor, 1021Fire Officer, and more
- Training for non-accredited courses, including but not limited to: Water & Ice Rescue, Sprinkler Protection, First Aid, Fire Extinguisher, Extrication, and more
- Evaluations and advice provided for fire department equipment as each Nation has different needs to be met.
- Assistance on acquiring a fire truck specific to meet community needs.
- Mutual Aid agreements – advice on how to build with surrounding departments.
- Conducting National Building Codes inspections and fire safety investigations – B1 C1 & B2 C2.
- Education, testing and certification on Fire Alarms and Sprinkler Systems for Canadian Fire Alarm Association standards.
Supporting Strong Communities
- We deliver safety presentations and curriculum training.
- We conduct fire and life safety code building inspections.
- We provide fire origin and cause investigation assistance.
- We perform fire department and fire flow assessments.
- We support fire department strategic planning.
- We coordinate firefighter training and education.
- Annual Fire Fighter’s Conference.
- DERIAN ROSARIO (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Fire Program Manager
- DALE DUECK (email@example.com) - Fire Field Officer - Systems Inspector Lead
- KELSEY HYCHA (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Fire Field Officer
- AL HENDERSON (email@example.com) - Fire Alarm Technician
- HARRY LIU (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Fire Alarm Technician