Our Communications & Outreach team facilitates learning, training and work placement opportunities for First Nation youth and promotes careers in water & wastewater, environmental health, science, technology and the fire service.
- We deliver in-classroom presentations for grades 4-12 to raise awareness about drinking water safety, source water protection and treatment of water.
- We lead water field days for grades 8-12 and community groups to raise awareness about water quality and monitoring of water and careers in water health.
- We deliver fire prevention and public education for grades K-12 and community groups utilizing the Getting to Know Fire curriculum.
- Our Skills Link Program supports work placements and training for unemployed or underemployed First Nations youth (15-30 years old).
- EAGLE WILLIER – Outreach Coordinator